The Drum Workshop provides training for teachers, therapists and other group leaders in our curriculum and methods. We also provide instrument packages and curriculum materials that are yours to keep so you can keep the programs going!
Our most current training program in Kansas has brought about the establishment of 14 active ensembles in schools and therapy centers across the state! We are also involved in continuing to develop ongoing programs in Israel to bring Israeli and Palestinian Youth together.
We have helped establish Drum Workshop ensemble groups in schools and other types of community centers across the United States including:
- Perkin’s School for the Blind, in Watertown, MA.
- Freeburg Early Childhood Program: Part of the Regent’s Center for Early Developmental Education at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Peer Express: Seeking to integrate disabled and non-disabled students in middle and high schools in and around Charleston, South Carolina.
- UAEYC: I was honored to deliver the key note address and provide several training sessions at the annual conference of the Utah Association for the Education of Young Children held in Provo.
- Niños en mi Casa: Sponsored a state wide conference in Kingman, Arizona at which The Drum Workshop provided teacher training.
- Triform: A Camphill community for young adults with disabilities.
- Cambridge Head Start. New England Head Start: I was the key note speaker and performer at the 2003 New England Head Start conference in Hyannis, MA.
- Horizons Initiative: Serving young children who are now or have experienced homelessness in Dorchester and Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.
- Los Angeles Children’s Hospital: The hospital curriculum combines Butterflies and Traditional Rhythms to allow group leaders to work with multi-age groups. We also adapt material to be suitable for bedside activity with family members.
- Nellis Air Force Base Child Development Program: Sunny Las Vegas, where we trained the staff at Nellis in the Bongos, Bells, Butterflies curriculum.
- Palo Alto CA Unified School District: We trained their staff of roving music teachers in both sets of curriculum, and provided them with a huge set of instruments to get them going!